1. Protecting your privacy
2. Personal information
Personal Information means information that can be used to identify, either directly or indirectly, an individual to whom the information applies.
3. Why do we collect your personal information?
We collect and hold a range of personal information necessary for conducting our business, providing our services and allowing you to access our products. We may collect personal information to allow us to:
- provide our products and services as described on our website
- establish your identity and assess your application for a license to use our products
- enable you to download products from our website
- provide maintenance and support services to you
- process your inquiries and improve our products and services
- maintain and update our business infrastructure and systems
- design, price and develop existing and new products and services
- promote and advertise our other products and services to you
- advise you of additional products or services which may be of interest to you
- provide your contact details to any Affiliates who may from time to time agree to offer or provide you with the products and services described on our website.
If we do not collect this personal information, we may not be able to provide you with the products, services, offers or assistance you have requested.
4. What personal information do we collect?
We may collect the following types of information from you:
- Device identifiers (including IP address)
- The domain name of the website that directed you to our website
- The number of times you have visited our website
- The average time spent on a page and
- What pages you viewed
- Contact information, including potentially your name, mailing address, phone number, email address, contact preferences
- Information provided in communications between you and us;
We collect the following types of information from you when you use our website or access our materials otherwise available online:
- information about your usage (for example, by way of cookies) including when you use our website, the services used, other websites you access or connect with from our website, content uploaded and downloaded
- your Internet Protocol (IP) address and your browser type and language
We may also collect personal information which you have allowed to be disseminated publicly, for example from public registers, third party websites or social media.
5. How do we collect the personal information?
In most cases, we will collect personal information directly from you. We collect personal information from you when you deal with us in person, via telephone, email or other electronic communication channels. When you use our website or software applications our server automatically records information your browser sends when it connects to a website. Some of this information we collect using Cookies. (Cookies are text files placed on your computer to collect standard Internet log information and visitor behaviour information. For further information, visit allaboutcookies.org.)
We may also collect personal information about you from third parties such as the organization of which you are an employee or contractor, public registers, or service providers with which you have dealings, subject to any applicable legal or regulatory restrictions.
6. Data Security
Amalgama takes the security of personal information seriously. To protect personal information against accidental or unlawful destruction, loss or alteration, Amalgama uses risk-based technical and organizational security measures reasonably designed to prevent any unauthorized disclosure or access.
Unless we are required to provide your personal information to others by law, by court order or to investigate suspected fraud or other unlawful activity, your information will only be seen or used by persons working in or for us and any Affiliates who offer the services, promotions and products described on our website.
We will only share personal information with Affiliates when we are legally permitted to do so, and where it is necessary for administrative purposes or to provide you with our products or services.
7. Your data privacy rights
We respect your rights and aim to make sure that you are aware of your rights. As a person whose personal information is being processed by us, you have the following rights:
- To request confirmation of processing activities involving your personal information, such as obtaining details of the personal information being processed, the purposes for which it is being processed, the categories of information being processed, the actions to be taken with the information, the names of third parties who will have access to your personal information, protection to be provided when information is transferred to third parties, the period of processing, and the sources of the personal information.
- To revoke your consent to processing, in cases when consent was required.
- To require changes to your personal information if there are inaccuracies in the personal information we hold or which we are processing.
- To require limitations on the processing of all, or a part of, your personal information
- To require deletion of your personal information from our systems or other existing tangible media
- To require a list of your personal information provided to us for processing be supplied to a third party (where we can technically do so) in a structured, uniform, and machine-readable format. In this case we are not responsible for any further actions taken by the third party related to the personal information.
- To oppose processing of all, or a part of, your personal information for the purposes indicated when the information was provided, except for cases where the legal grounds for processing prevail over your interests, rights, and freedoms; or where processing is necessary for substantiation, contract execution, or defense in legal proceedings.
- To require we limit processing of your information for our marketing activities.
- To file a claim with a supervisory authority in case we have somehow violated your rights in relation to personal information processing.
8. Final clauses
If you would like more information about how we manage your personal information please contact us by email: firstname.lastname@example.org